Manila to Baler by public transportation
Genesis Transport Service is the only bus company that plies directly from Metro Manila to Baler. Their Baler-bound buses are in their Cubao Terminal. Genesis offers two types of bus service for Baler:
- The executive luxury bus called "Joy Bus", a non-stop service trip on a sleeper bus with snacks, Wi-Fi, a bus stewardess, blankets, pillows, and a morning kit. There are at least three trips a day (12:00MN, 2:00AM and 4:30AM), the travel lasting five hours and costing Php700 (as of April 2013). Advance reservation is required.
- The regular air-conditioned buses which travel six to seven hours for a fare of Php450. These buses depart hourly from 1:00AM to 8:00AM. Although a schedule of trips is published, it is seldomly followed. It is advised to be in the station early if you are taking these buses, and be attentive to the updated schedules since there is no proper way of queuing for tickets.
Manila to Baler by private vehicle
- From Manila, take the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) at Balintawak and make your way to the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX).
- Enter the SCTEX heading towards Tarlac and thereafter exit at the La Paz Toll gate.
- From thereon, follow the highway leading to Aliaga and to Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija. Road signs are visible along the way to properly lead you towards Baler.
- From Cabanatuan City Proper, take the Nueva Ecija-Aurora highway, passing thru the towns of Talavera, Rizal, and Pantabangan until you reach the Aurora border. NOTE: Don't take the old Baler-Bongabong Road! This route is unpaved and rough throughout most of its length.
- Continue on through the towns of Maria Aurora and San Luis until you finally reach Baler.